Riot Games API Unofficial Community Documentation!¶
You Should Know…¶
There are a few crucial things to know about the Riot API.
- Your API key expires every 24 hours unless you applied for and received a key for a personal or production application. If you’re getting a 403 response from the Riot API, you probably just need to refresh your key.
- Applications take ~ two weeks (10 business days, barring holidays) to process. Make sure it’s verified (riot.txt). If it’s been longer than two weeks and you didn’t change your application during that time period, ask a Guru on Discord for help.
- You should use a library! All libraries are developed by the community and will make using the Riot API much easier. Nearly all of them take care of rate limiting, for example.
- If you have questions, you can ask on the Discord, but check here first. We try to collect common questions and put them in this documentation.
- To convert champion IDs to names, use Data Dragon.
- These docs are written by the community. Riot’s official docs can be found here.
- Riot API Libraries
- Data Dragon
- Your Application
- PUUIDs and Other IDs
- LCU - The League Client
- Mobile Apps (& CORS Error)
- Replay API
- Collecting Data
- Info About Specific Data
- Identifying Champion Positions
Riot Games API Unofficial Community Documentation isn’t endorsed by Riot Games and doesn’t reflect the views or opinions of Riot Games or anyone officially involved in producing or managing League of Legends. League of Legends and Riot Games are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc. League of Legends © Riot Games, Inc.